Saturday, May 10, 2014

Podcasts and Peeps

Okay, maybe I was a little adventurous in hinting that I would post every day about our Maryland trip.
I'll be a realist in that I don't have time every day to post here, though I would like to post more often.
I dream about doing things like starting a podcast or running a yarn shop, but I figure the first goal is to establish a regular routine, and a blog is a good place to start.
Maybe I'll consider weekly posts.  I have to be honest.  The photography (or lack there of) is really is hard for me to accomplish, and is what holds me back from posting more often.

But enough about my procrastination habits, let's talk today about podcasts.  Do you listen to them?  Do you watch them?
Since my love of knitting (and now also spinning), I have long loved media around the fiber community.  So these days, I find myself listening to podcasts on my drive to and back from work, and also watching a few while I knit at night.
TV and radio are at times less appealing to me.  I try to tell myself this is not a sign of my advancing age, but I really do think my age contributes.
Please don't get me wrong in that I never watch TV or listen to radio.  I do.  I just prefer to control the content a little more than even the prime time stations do.  So, I have turned to podcasts.

Now, I bet you are wondering how this whole conversation (because reading a blog or watching/listening to a podcast is like a conversation too) relates to knitting and Maryland Sheep and Wool.  I'm getting there, wait for it.

One of my favorite video podcasts is the Knitgirllls.  They are two talented fiber girls who put out a weekly podcast.  They are best friends that used to live together and knit together, but now they live states apart.  So they put out a podcast together, and it's amazingly fun to watch them while I knit.
Anyway, I got to meet both of them at Maryland Sheep and Wool festival, and they were so kind.
Here's a picture of us together - which I'm sure they don't remember, but I surely do.
They took time out of their festivities to spend with their viewers, and I was extremely grateful.
Leslie is on the left, I am in the middle, and Laura is on the right (as you look at the picture - reverse it if you are anatomically oriented).
Anyway - in case you are interested in watching them - click here!  I highly recommend it.

Now, as much as I love the virtual world of knitting, I love my local knitting peeps even more.
Here's a shot of us prior to entering the festival on Saturday.  I must say that my Mom and my Aunt are missing from this photo, but they were with us too!   I love spending time with each of these ladies at our knitting group each week.  They make me laugh, they inspire me to be a better knitter/spinner and crafter, and most of all, they are awesomely cool and smart.  



No comments: