Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day in Review

We enjoyed dinner out at one of my favorite local Italian restaurants on Saturday night to celebrate my birthday and Mother's day.  
Sunday we went to church, where all the Mothers received beautiful long stemmed roses.  
Sunday lunch was a picnic at our local ice cream shop.

I had afternoon drinks on my Mom and Dad's deck, and Mom surprised me with a gorgeous shawl pin in Denim blue, and a Willow Tree Angel (Mom's gift is the trip to Maryland Sheep and Wool each year).  

I got to spend some of my afternoon on my deck, spinning some merino and silk from Hobbledehoy Fibers.  I love her fiber so far - this is my first spin with it, but it is incredibly soft and look at these colors!  


I am still learning my Lendrum DT spinning wheel.  I have yet to name it.  Do you name your wheels?  I have never come up with a name for my Ashford Traveller. 

This Lendrum is a beautiful wheel, so pleasant to spin on.  I plug in my Pandora on the Indie Folk Singer-Songwriters channel and away I go.

And I'm almost finished with this little spot of knitting - a Woven Cowl

It's knit in, you guessed it, The Plucky Knitter yarn.  It's primo worsted in the Edwardian colorway.
I got great little buttons for it from Melissa Jean at Maryland.  I love handmade.  How about you?




No comments: